In 2005, our Chief Genie, Jacqui Frost, and her husband Ian were trying to solve a problem. Ian’s decorating business was doing well, but the more successful he got the more obvious the problem became. He was constantly on the phone or working late on admin; it made it difficult to do the work he loved to do.
Meanwhile, Jacqui had a successful 20 years career as an Office Manager and PA. Jacqui knew what Ian needed, and she knew that “outsourcing” was much more sensible than hiring. They searched for a suitable company, but couldn’t find one. No single business provided all the services they needed with the attention to detail and personal touch they wanted.
Jacqui decided to create that business. Now, The Office Genie is the only multi-award-winning, five-star call handling and business support service to offer a FULL money-back guarantee.
Over thirteen years ago, Chief Genie Jacqui used all the experience from 20-years as a PA and Office Manager to found The Office Genie. Her Genies deliver magical service day in, day out for all clients. She says “It’s all about going the extra mile to WOW our callers”.
Three things you didn't know about Jacqui:
- When she was younger, she wanted to be a ballerina!
- Her favourite Disney film isn’t Aladdin - it’s Mary Poppins
- Her favourite colour is genie pink, but genie purple is a close second
Ian had been running his own Decorating business for a few years with Jacqui helping on the admin in the evenings and weekends. In 2005 he was coming home frustrated that jobs were being interrupted by him having to answer the phones. This lead to Jacqui coming up with The Office Genie to help Ian and other business like his. And the rest, as they say, is history.
Three things you didn't know about Ian:
- Worked in Print Finishing so is our "Go To" guy for all marketing collateral
- Known as "Frosty", Ian was involved in a local DIY SOS and even got a mention by the Designer in the final cut
- Ian loves all films Star Wars, Star Trek and Marvel/DC
Fiona is a little ray of Scottish sunshine and happy to let it show. Her attitude and experience gets her callers giggling along with her in no time and sends them away with a smile. She’s previously worked as a travel agent and a property manager.
Three things you didn't know about Fiona:
- Fiona wanted to be an air hostess when younger, however, she didn't grow tall enough
- She lives with her husband, three children, 2 dogs - phew! Full house!
- Her pet peeve is people not clearing up after themselves
Georgia is the soulful one in the office. She’s funny, caring, and loyal, but when she’s not on the phone, you might find her humming some Otis Redding. She used to head up a team of beauty therapists, undertake treatments, and answer the phone (not all at once though). We like a fast pace, but that sounds exhausting!
Three things you didn't know about Georgia:
- Before becoming a Genie, Georgia led a small team of beauty therapists as well as carrying out treatments herself
- Her pet peeve is self-centred people
- When she was small, she wanted to be a singer
Chloe, having worked in Customer Services since she left school, has a passion for helping people. From helping in her Aunt's Hair Salon welcoming customers through the door, to going above and beyond sourcing some wallpaper for a DIY outlet from another town to wow her customer, Chloe just wants to help everyone she speaks to. She threw off her Genie training wings at the start of the first lockdown and has been flying solo handling YOUR calls and sprinkling her magic dust over every call since.
Three things you didn't know about Chloe:
- When she was young, she wanted to be a singer. She sort of got her wish as she has recorded songs in a studio
- Her pet peeve is people not saying goodbye
- If she could do one thing by wiggling her nose, it would be to stop time ... as time is precious
Paige has always had roles where she has been helping people – it’s in her DNA. From her first role as a Receptionist in a Gym handling calls and membership bookings through to her most recent role as an Insurance Consultant, Paige is passionate about delivering excellent standards of customer service. Paige has just gained her Genie training wings as we come out of lockdown and is looking forward to flying solo soon handling YOUR calls and sprinkling her magic dust over every call.
Three things you didn't know about Paige:
- Paige's favourite movies are anything magical such as Practical Magic and The Craft – looks like she was meant to be a Genie!
- Paige has too many pairs of shoes to count them all but thinks it’s over 100 pairs
- She once swam with sharks however this was unintentional
Sehresh has worked in a variety of industries including Retail, Asset Finance and as a Receptionist. She has a great work ethic, having helped in the family business since she was young and understands the hours dedicated and commitment needed in a small business. When she isn't working at Genie Heights, Sehresh can be found studying a degree in Business Studies with a focus on corporate social responsibility.
Three things you didn't know about Sehresh:
- If she could live anywhere it would be Victoria Falls, however not quite sure that's logical as her biggest fear is the sea!
- Her favourite Disney film is The Lion King which is ironic as she's so gentle, she wouldn't say boo to a goose
- As the sensible Genie, if stranded on a deserted island she would take her phone, drinking water and food
Our Troy is a perfect gentleman, our callers love speaking with him. He does, however, have a houseful of unusual pets, including an escapologist snake. Having worked previously in property maintenance, he was an ideal potential Genie to hire when we landed a large new client in this field.
Three things you didn't know about Troy:
- Troy got into the swing of Genie magic straight away as his favourite books are the Harry Potter series
- However, his favourite colour is a rather un-Genie-like colour Grey
- Not surprisingly, he wanted to be a vet when he was young (hence the house full of animals)
Known as ‘Mummy Mo’ around Genie Heights, Mo was our longest serving genie. That made her our go-to girl for any questions the Genies or clients had! Mo enjoyed a lengthy career specialising in customer service within a variety of different sectors from the travel industry to carpet manufacturing.
Three things you didn't know about Mo:
- There are over 200 pairs of shoes in her house
- Her husband and her met at a dance
- She once sang (on the stage) at THE Grand Ole Opry!
After years in a variety of different roles, Sarah spent many years within the customer service sector honing her skills. As our Customer Service Specialist, Sarah's main role is as our ‘Making It Happen’ Genie. This means Sarah is responsible for onboarding our new clients, training the Genies on them and also looking after our existing clients, making sure all our systems and processes work together seamlessly to provide the best support and service.
Three things you didn't know about Sarah:
- She has a motorcycle licence
- Dancing Queen by ABBA is the song to get her dancing
- The most unusual thing she’s ever eaten is Ostrich
With years of client-facing experience in her lamp, Lesley brings passion and energy to the team. She always delivers on her promises. If you’re looking for some great advice, Lesley is the Genie for you. Listen out for her South African accent – it’s mesmerising.
Three things you didn't know about Lesley:
- You know she’s practical because her three desert island essentials are a lighter, a knife and a toothbrush
- She received national colours for swimming and water polo
- When she was small she wanted to be a singer
Our youngest Genie, Nathan, joined us to take off some of the accounts and admin pressure that go with running a business. Studying for his AAT privately before joining us, he has his goal set on training to be an accountant. He will also be cross-training in customer service to support our Client Experience Genies for times we are extra busy or short-staffed.
Three things you didn't know about Nathan:
- Nathan is off to a flying start with his favourite book being Fish which is on our staff recommended reading list
- He clearly has a sense of humour as he believes Adam Sandler would be the best actor to play him in a movie about his life
- Purple being his favourite colour, this was a good sign to join the Genies
Sadie joined Team Genie in June 2017. She was rescued in Romania whilst trying to get her pups out of a skip 🙁 She works (well, sleeps) most the time at the office, keeping staff morale up and pretending she is a meerkat to all the team as well as everyone who walks through the door. Loved by all, in the winter, the Genies can often be heard fighting for her to keep their feet warm.
Three things you didn't know about Sadie:
- Sadie loves lying on the Genies feet, especially when Jacqui is out of the office
- Sadie is there to hand out hugs and cuddles after a bad call. She loves cheering people up
- Sadie is great at catching flies, we just need to train her to get rid of spiders too!
Ginger joined Team Genie in Oct 2019. She was rescued in Romania from a demolition site (which might answer why she has a phobia of High Viz Jackets). She adores being fussed by the Genies. Ginger is still working on being a quiet Meeter & Grrrreeter but once she gets to know you is content to get as much fuss as possible.
Three things you didn't know about Ginger:
- Ginger loves being fussed by all the Genies
- Ginger has a phobia of High Viz Jackets and is not so keen on men (yet)
- When not sleeping or playing with Sadie, Ginger loves chewing toilet rolls
Working for over 20 years as an executive PA, Penny does a fantastic job supporting our clients (and the rest of the Genies)! Her beaming smile is the first thing you see when you enter Genie Heights – it’s so infectious, you can’t help but smile yourself.
Three things you didn't know about Penny:
- She met her husband of 24 years on a blind date – aww!
- She would want Dawn French to play her in a movie of her life
- Her favourite film of all time is Love Actually
Before he got his lamp, Adam worked in offices and retail and got a degree in creative writing. His favourite pastimes are games and puzzle of nearly all kinds. If you give him any problem, he’ll solve it for you just for fun!
Three things you didn't know about Adam:
- He’d like to be a cuttlefish because they’re cool and interesting
- If he could have a superpower but only for a day he’d choose to change the shape of the clouds
- His warning label says “Hand Wash Only”
Are you passionate about amazing customer service?
We provide it to hundreds of clients across a range of different industries. We do a variety of work for each client, which means no two days are ever the same.
This is the kind of person we’re looking for:
In return, we offer a great package including:
We’re looking for part-time hours of work on a flexible rota basis between the hours of 8:30am – 8pm Monday to Friday, with the occasional 9am – 5pm on a Saturday.
A keen interest in the world of beauty would be a distinct advantage as one of our niche areas is salons and clinics