We have a fantastic team of experienced and well-trained Genies, we pride ourselves on not being a call centre, adding a very personal touch to each and every call we take. So take a magic carpet ride to…
Meet The Genies
Over eleven years ago, Chief Genie Jacqui used all the experience from 20-years as a PA and office manager to found The Office Genie. Her Genies deliver magical service day in, day out for all clients. She says “It’s all about going the extra mile to WOW our callers”.
Three things you didn’t know about Jacqui . . .
- When she was younger, she wanted to be a ballerina!
- Her favourite Disney film isn’t Aladdin; it’s Mary Poppins
- Her favourite colour is genie pink, but genie purple is a close second
With years of client-facing experience in her lamp, Lesley brings passion and energy to the team. She always delivers on her promises. If you’re looking for some great advice, Lesley is the genie for you. Listen out for her South African accent – It’s mesmerising.
Three things you didn’t know about Lesley . . .
- You know she’s practical because her three desert island essentials are a lighter, a knife and a toothbrush
- She received national colours for swimming and water polo
- When she was small she wanted to be a singer
After years in different roles, Sarah is now an expert within the customer service sector. Sarah helps out on the phone, but her main role is as the genie of ‘Making It Happen’. That means Sarah is responsible for making sure all our systems and processes work together seamlessly to provide the best support and service.
Three things you didn’t know about Sarah . . .
- She has a motorcycle licence
- Dancing Queen by ABBA is the song to get her dancing
- The most unusual thing she’s ever eaten is Ostrich
Working for over 20 years as an executive PA, Penny does a fantastic job supporting our clients (and the rest of the genies)! Her beaming smile is the first thing you see when you enter Genie Heights – it’s so infectious, you can’t help but smile yourself.
Three things you didn’t know about Penny . . .
- She met her husband of 24 years on a blind date – aww!
- She would want Dawn French to play her in a movie of her life
- Her favourite film of all time is Love Actually
Jo worked in service and hospitality – including running her own pub – before picking up her lamp and becoming a genie. She loves to help and continuously goes above and beyond for her callers; in fact, she once spent twenty minutes directing a caller to one of our client’s offices!
Three things you didn’t know about Jo . . .
- She would love to live in Barbados
- When she was small she wanted to be a princess.
- If she had a warning label, it would say “Loves a Good Laugh”
Sarah (or Sazza to me and you) is a mother by day and a genie by night (and weekends). She’s the longest serving twilight and weekend Genie. Sazza has a huge amount of customer service experience, which makes her an asset to the team, ensuring our clients are well taken care of at all times.
Three things you didn’t know about Sazza . . .
- Her favourite movie is Dirty Dancing
- She would love to be stranded on an island with The Rock
- In a movie of her life, Sazza would want Rebel Wilson to play her
Megan is currently studying Marketing and Management at Newcastle University. This is only Megan’s second job, but she’s a natural, flying through her training. Her first job was at a holiday home for pets; when she wasn’t working hard to look after the animals she “cuddled them as much as possible” (ahh!).
Three things you didn’t know about Megan . . .
- Her friends call her “Munch” because she’s always hungry
- She once ate a cat treat (to see what it was like, not because she’s always hungry)
- Plays classical piano at grade six level
Known as ‘Mummy Mo’ around Genie Heights, Mo is our longest serving genie. That makes her our go to girl for any questions the genies or clients may have! Mo has enjoyed a lengthy career specialising in customer service within a variety of different sectors from the travel industry to carpet manufacturing.
Three things you didn’t know about Mo . . .
- There are over 200 pairs of shoes in her house
- Her husband and her met at a dance
- She once sang (on the stage) at THE Grand Ole Oprey!
Georgia is the soulful one in the office. Because she’s funny, caring, and loyal, but when she’s not on the phone, you might find her humming some Otis Redding. She used to head up a team of beauty therapists, do treatments, and answer the phone. We like a fast pace, but that sounds exhausting!
Three things you didn’t know about Georgia . . .
- Her pet peeve is self-centred people
- When she was small, she wanted to be a singer
- She loves Diet Coke Chicken (yes, that’s a real thing!)
Tracie is a whizz at knowing what people consider most precious and then how to look after it. Her background of working in childcare and being a landlady means she’s got the magical touch required to handle even the toughest customers. She somehow always manages to turn their frown upside down. She’s also worked alongside healthcare professionals, schools and other local groups.
Three things you didn’t know about Tracie . . .
- She plays the clarinet
- She once ate a cactus!
- She loves giraffes because they’re graceful and have kind eyes
Fiona is a little ray of Scottish sunshine and happy to let it show. Her attitude and experience gets her callers giggling along with her in no time and sends them away with a smile. She’s previously worked as a travel agent and a property manager.
Three things you didn’t know about Fiona . . .
- If she was an animal, she’d be a lioness
- She lives with her husband, three children, cat, and a dog- phew! Full house!
- Breakfast at Tiffany’s is her favourite movie
Before he got his lamp, Adam worked in offices and retail and got a degree in “creative writing”. His favourite pastimes are games and puzzle of nearly all kinds. If you give him any problem, he’ll solve it for you just for fun!
Three things you didn’t know about Adam . . .
- He’d like to be a cuttlefish because they’re cool and interesting
- If he could have a superpower but only for a day he’d choose “to change the shape of the clouds”
- His warning label says “Hand Wash Only”